Being admitted to the hospital can be scary. It can be even more overwhelming when your trusted physician works outside the hospital and isn’t able to be there. Midland Inpatient Medical Associates, or MIMA, offers hospitalized patients the extraordinary care and attention needed with the most trusted and highly trained hospitalists every step of the way.
With MIMA, you’ll experience the benefits of always having a physician in the hospital, 24 hours a day. You will have assistance with all of your needs, from following up on tests, to adjusting your treatment plan and discussing important health concerns with you and your family.
MIMA providers and your primary care physician work together to ensure you get the care you need during your hospital stay. Your primary care physician provides information regarding your past medical history and can discuss your care with the hospitalist at any time during your stay. Your primary care provider is made aware of your admission upon admission and is also notified when you are discharged from the hospital. It is our goal to ensure you have all of the appropriate follow up appointments made before you leave the hospital. You can rest assured knowing that your doctor is staying up to date with your latest health records and can meet all of your needs when you return to their care.
- Are experienced in caring for acutely ill patients and the transition of care back to your residence
- Are available in the hospital 24/7
- Are available to communicate with families and care givers
- Work closely with nurses and hospital staff to make your stay as short and safe as possible
- Work closely with Midland Memorial Hospital specialists in coordinating your care
- Help establish your after-discharge care and follow up
If you have questions or need assistance, please call the MIMA office at (432) 221-4206 or if you are calling within the hospital, dial extension 4206.