Plans, implements and evaluates nursing care to adult and pediatric patients. Responsible for supervising other licensed and non-licensed staff. Responsible for promoting positive interactions with staff, physicians, patients, families and other visitors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
- Maintains current knowledge of medications and administers medications in accordance with the hospital policy.
- Demonstrates positive effective communication, including education with patients and families, physicians and other healthcare team members, and professional communications skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using the electronic medical record providing accurate, timely and complete documentation of plan of care and assessments and respect of patient’s rights and confidentiality.
· Provide a safe environment for patients, families and co-workers, including hand-washing, and adherence to infection control policies.
· Demonstrate professionalism including current AED’s and other competencies, following dress code policies, participation in orientation of new team members.
Salaries are calculated upon applicable experience
· Certification program completion required or currently enrolled in ADN program with graduation within 2 years of assigned position.
· Current State of Texas License as a Vocational Nurse
· Area of specialty within 5 years of employment (Certified Med-Surg, or OCN) preferred.