Performs the essential duties and responsibilities and the primary functions of a Respiratory Therapist in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of assigned patients. Responsible for meeting the established standards for the administration of diagnostic and therapeutic cardiopulmonary care as well as appropriate documentation of activities related to that care. Manages supplies and equipment and any assigned personnel. Responsible for promoting team work with physicians and personnel of other departments. Responsible for solving practical problems, dealing with a variety of issues and interpreting a variety of instruction furnished in written or oral form. Demonstrates clinical knowledge and judgment regarding patient’s cardiopulmonary care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Maintains current knowledge of respiratory medications/modalities and administers them in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
· Provides accurate, timely and complete documentation in respect to plan of care, assessment and other patient care documentation.
· Works effectively with Departmental/Hospital computer systems.
· Demonstrates age specific competence in caring for patients from various age groups.
· Assumes responsibility for his/her professional development.
· Incorporates continuous performance improvement recommendations into clinical practice.
Salaries are calculated upon applicable experience
· Minimum of CRT (must obtain RRT within one year of hire).