Performs the essential job duties and responsibilities including but not limited to disassembling, cleaning, disinfecting, reassembling, testing, and troubleshooting of all Respiratory Care equipment. Maintains repair and preventative maintenance files, warranty information, and equipment files in general. Responsible for retaining and having the ability to locate equipment according to departmentally distributed number that corresponds with the serial numbers. Maintains all files and other information pertaining to the upkeep and accuracy of any and all crash carts within the facility. Responsible for teamwork within and outside the department. Must have the ability to solve basic and sometimes complex problems as they relate to the equipment in the Cardiopulmonary and Neurology Department. A positive attitude and good interpersonal abilities are required as this position will have the opportunity to interact with a variety of hospital personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Disassembles, cleans, disinfects, and tests all respiratory care equipment
· Maintains all records of and assures the completion of preventative maintenance (PM) sessions either independently or in association with Biomedical Engineering
· Equipment logs must be kept that accurately reflect the state and functionality of all equipment within Respiratory Care
· Assists with the training of all new personnel and respiratory care students
Salaries are calculated upon applicable experience
· Must be a high school graduate or equivalent