How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
Performs the essential duties and responsibilities and the primary functions of a Sterile Processing Technician. Incorporates current knowledge of principles of decontamination, disinfection, sterilization, and instrumentation in a hospital setting to provide indirect quality patient care. Utilizes knowledge of Standard Precautions and infection control to perform the functions of the position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Demonstrates thorough knowledge of instrument sets and names of instruments.
· Recognizes that documentation of loads is a legal record and must be done accurately and completely.
· Monitors surgery schedule daily in order to anticipate instrument/ supply needs for scheduled, add-on and emergency procedures.
· Sorts reusable material based on methods of decontamination (i.e., heat sensitive vs. non-heat sensitive, immersible vs. non-immersible, mechanical vs. hand wash).
· Accurately assembles instrument sets and trays in a timely manner and inspects assembled instruments for cleanliness, state of repair and completeness.
· Correctly packages/ wraps and labels material based on item properties and sterilization process, following guidelines and manufacturer recommendations.
· Must be a high school graduate or equivalent work experience
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG