· Monitors all areas of the hospital campus utilizing security camera system and access control systems at all times, identifying potential security and/or safety risks and reports them to appropriate individual, department or entity, for proper resolution.
· Verifies security related alarms; dispatch first responders, Security Department officers and provides situation updates to security managers.
· Maintain knowledge of the location and the status of various security personnel.
· Provide information for investigative purposes by making use of data and information available.
· Make common sense decisions and exercise action during high tension and stressful situations.
· Coordinates, with the Security Department, when surveillance discovers a matter which needs further investigation or attention.
· Supports the Security Department, hospital supervisors and management, with regard to protection of patients, visitors, physicians, employees and assets in their respective departments.
· Facilitates the flow of information throughout the Security department, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
· Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
· Develop and maintain positive working relations with patients, visitors, physician’s, employees, and, co-workers.