· Answers all calls for security.
· As patient care and/or Hospital need dictates, both the assigned shift and work station may be changed by the department.
· Ensure the safety of all patients, physicians, guests, visitors, and employees of the Hospital.
· Perform routine walking patrol throughout the interior of all Midland Memorial properties.
o Conduct floor-to-floor security patrol and security clocking rounds.
o Perform predetermined locking and unlocking of doors.
o Transport money, medications, and lost and found items according to policy.
o Investigate criminal and non-criminal incidents reported to the Security Department and prepare detailed, written reports of the incidents.
o Establish a high-visibility profile throughout the Hospital and Hospital-owned properties to aid in deterring criminal activity.
· Patrol the exterior of Midland Memorial Hospital properties on foot and by use of Security vehicles.
o Patrol parking lots, driveways, and emergency traffic areas to detect traffic hazards, parking violations, and deter criminal activity.
o Assist with patient, visitor, guest, and employee vehicle problems when requested.
o Check exterior doors, windows, and gates to ensure they are operational and in good repair.
o Perform locking and unlocking of parking facility entrances.
o Provide security presence in parking facilities during shift change to promote an atmosphere of safety.
· Provide routine and special assignments in the Emergency Department.
o Respond immediately to code situations and emergency calls for assistance.
o Assist with Medivac operations as needed.
o Assist with restraints ordered in line with Department and Hospital policy.
o Effect arrest and issue trespass warnings as directed by law and Hospital policy.
o Assist in receiving, securing, and transporting law enforcement patients.
· Develop and maintain positive working relations with patients, physicians, visitors, guests, and co-workers.
o Display a positive attitude.
o Promote team effort.
o Consistently strive to improve employee and non-employee relations throughout the Hospital.
o Exhibit a courteous demeanor when answering the telephone, using the two-way radio, or personally helping individuals in day-to-day encounters.
· Answer all alarms and emergency calls requiring Security assistance.
o Quickly respond to all fire, pharmacy, and panic alarms.
o Respond to Hospital-wide STAT and Emergency calls.
o Meet responding fire department and life support personnel in accordance with policy.
o Anticipate Security’s responsibility regarding the call being answered and be prepared to consider the best interests of all parties concerned.
o Take control of situations as needed and assist when necessary.
o Complete all associated paperwork.
· Secure lost and found articles.
o Receive, tag, log, and make secure all lost and found articles.
o Attempt to contact owners, if known, and make arrangements for return of property.
o Keep lost and found storage area clean, neat, and secure.
o Make proper disposition of articles not claimed within holding period as set out in Departmental Policy and Procedures Manual.
· Respond appropriately regarding safety and life-threatening situations.
o Respond appropriately during inclement weather.
o Respond appropriately to bomb threats.
o Respond appropriately in a disaster situation.
o Provide crowd control.
o Demonstrate knowledge of DNV, General Safety, and Job-Specific Safety functions.