How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
The Transcriptionist, with a focus on patient safety, is required to function within the parameters of the legal scope of practice and in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws; rules and regulations; and policies, procedures and guidelines of the employing health care institution or practice setting. The Transcriptionist functions and assumes accountability and responsibility for quality of care provided to patients and their families according to the AHDI (Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity) standards of practice. The Transcriptionist demonstrates responsibility for continued competence in practice, and develops insight through reflection, self-analysis, self-care, and lifelong learning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Maintain confidentiality of all patient information including but not limited to peer review, quality improvement, and risk management protocols with a special effort to maintain data security in electronic communications. Implement and maintain standards of professional healthcare documentation practice. Respect the rights and dignity of all individuals.
· Continue professional growth by enhancing knowledge and skills, including continuing education, networking with colleagues, professional reading, certification, and advocating for the profession and the industry.
· Strive to provide accurate and timely information. Exercise integrity in professional practices including work or professional experience, credentials, and affiliations. Conduct business in accordance with ethical privacy and security practices, ethical workplace practices, ethical billing practices, ethical marketing practices, ethical workforce classification practices, and ethical workforce compensation practices.
· Foster environments of employment that facilitate integrity, professionalism, and protection of health information. Strive to advance the goals and purposes of AHDI and work for the advancement and good of the profession while refraining from any activity detrimental to the profession.
· Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
· A minimum of 1 year medical transcription experience; Radiology preferable.
· Capable of performing arithmetic calculations, interpreting written materials, and composing correspondence or reports.
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG