How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
The scheduler, with a focus on patient safety, is required to function within the parameters of the legal scope of practice and in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws; rules and regulations; and policies, procedures and guidelines of the employing health care institution or practice setting. The scheduler assumes accountability and responsibility for quality of care provided to patients and their families according to the standards of practice. The scheduler demonstrates responsibility for continued competence in practice, and develops insight through reflection, self-analysis, self-care, and lifelong learning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Communicates effectively with patients, medical staff, technological staff, families and other health team members.
· Assesses situations; exercises care, discretion, and judgment; assumes responsibility for professional decisions; and acts in the best interest of the patient.
· Acts as an agent through observation and communication to obtain pertinent information for the physician to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient and recognizes that interpretation and diagnosis are outside the scope of practice for the profession.
· The scheduler uses RIS, follows procedures, performs services in accordance with an accepted standard of practice, and demonstrates expertise in minimizing patient visits to the radiology department.
Salaries are calculated upon applicable experience
· High school diploma or equivalent.
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG