How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
The primary responsibility of the Room Service Representative is to provide the highest quality of customer service to patients at all times. The Room Service Representative performs a variety of duties related to preparing and serving food to patients and clean up for patient room service for the Food and Nutrition Services Department and adheres to HACCP and other regulatory agency policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Delivers room service meals to patients and delivers snacks as ordered.
o Ensures timely and efficient delivery of patient meals within 45 minutes of the order being placed. Uses Tray in Motion hardware to track trays.
o Assists patients by setting up room service trays within reach.
o Properly identifies patients (using 2 identifiers) prior to delivery of trays per policy.
· Communicates effectively with the Call Center and Room Service Lead to report patient needs, complaints and tray errors. Helps to identify patients with special service needs per policy.
· Assists in orienting patients and guests to room service procedure. Provides bedside ordering assistance for patients with special needs (as needed).
· Collects payment for guest trays and delivers money to cashier per policy.
· Assists in upkeep for patient nourishment areas and waiting areas as needed. Monitors to ensure cleanliness and that floor stock par levels are maintained..
· Collects dirty tray carts from designated soiled utility areas on floor and coordinates exchanges for clean carts with the Dish Room Attendant.
· Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
· Must be able to effectively communicate information and respond to questions.
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG