How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
Responsible for answering and completing timely, all Patient Account inquiries via telephone, email, internet and in-person interaction with patients, insurance companies, physicians, community agencies, guests and other customer. This position requires the exercise of courtesy and patience to maintain positive patient relations. This position is also responsible for completing patient requested refunds, working bankruptcy notifications, and filing and releasing liens related to liability claims. Other clerical duties within scope-of-work may also be included that have not been specifically noted.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Ability to understand and explain the hospital’s use of collection agencies and vendors to peers, patients and guests.
· Ability to collect on accounts by collecting payment in full or establishing payment arrangements with patients on accounts not currently assigned to a vendor or agency.
· Ability to research patient payment discrepancies and request resolution via transfer of payment, refund, etc.
· Responsible for answering and completing timely all Patient Account inquiries via telephone, email, internet and in-person interaction
· Able to read, understand and explain insurance carrier contracts and different types of reimbursement as well as accurately figure patient cost share for specific insurances.
· Ability to understand and explain authorization, verification, appeals, quotes and medical necessity issues and all patient discounting policies.
· High School diploma or equivalency required.
· One (1) year experience in customer service in a medical business environment (hospital, insurance company, doctor’s office), medical collections or related field,
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Must be able to type 35 wpm and operate a personal computer with the ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG