How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
The person handling this position is responsible for correcting, completing, and submitting claims, electronically and by paper, to all payer sources for reimbursement of services provided. The employee will monitors hospital system(s), insurance payer information, department reports and takes corrective action, to assigned accounts, if necessary to ensure proper billing and payment of receivables.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Demonstrates the ability to compliantly resolve payer specific edits with required information existing within the patient record.
· Demonstrates the ability to produce, transmit and submit compliant claims to all payers for reimbursement.
· Accurately completes all reports in Patient Accounting System on a daily basis.
· Demonstrates the ability to correct all RTPs and other payer rejections from all payers on a daily basis.
· Monitors payer rules and regulations and implements timely changes when necessary.
· Demonstrates the ability to review and analyze ERAs/EOBs for additional information needed, claims corrections or resubmission when necessary.
· High School diploma or equivalency required.
· Courses in insurance billing and medical terminology preferred.
· One year experience billing hospital or professional services claims required.
· Must be able to type 35 wpm and operate a personal computer.
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG