How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
Review and compare Accounts Receivable payments from contracted providers against contract reimbursement schedules. Works with multiple computer software programs (hospital patient accounting system, electronic health record system, contract management systems), including word processing and spreadsheets. Coordinating and resolving payment discrepancies with supervisor, management, insurance payer and/or their designated agency. Uses contract management software to identify discrepancies for resolution with insurance provider. Performs general clerical duties
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Reviews daily reports for insurance discrepancies with related reports and online systems
· Responsible for appealing insurance discrepancies related to contractual issues
· Reports major reasons for discrepancies to Collection Manager and Patient Accounts Director for resolution and correction of processes.
· Manages and updates Managed Care Reimbursement schedules/contract matrix
· Requires awareness, knowledge and cognitive ability in the use of UB form locators, ICD 9 CM codes, CPT codes, HCPCS codes modifiers, and revenue codes as well as knowledge of various reimbursement terms.
· High school diploma or equivalency required.
· Must be able to type 35 wpm and operate a personal computer with the ability to use Microsoft for Windows (Outlook, Excel and Word.)
· Basic math skills with attention to detail required.
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG