How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
Performs the essential duties and responsibilities and the primary functions of a Registered Nurse in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of assigned patients. Responsible for meeting the established medical and applicable oncology standards of Nursing Practice, for managing supplies and equipment and any assigned personnel. Responsible for promoting team work with physicians and personnel of other departments. Responsible for solving practical problems, dealing with a variety of issues and interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in electronic, written, or oral form. Demonstrate clinical knowledge and judgment necessary for patient’s nursing care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Prioritizes, organizes and plans for the unit/patient needs. This will include managing a large volume of work efficiently, entering orders and charges in a timely manner.
· Communicates effectively with patients and families, physicians and other healthcare team members.
· Adheres to Infection Control policies and respects patient’s rights and confidential information.
· Provides a safe environment for patients, families, and co-workers. Supports and practices within the guidelines of hospital policies and procedures.
· Maintains current knowledge in the operation of a computer system and contributes to the organization and efficiency of the unit by providing flawless post case records.
· Current State of Texas License as a Registered Nurse
· Ability to read the patient’s medical record
· Ability to calculate medication dosages and convert weights and measures for clinical application.
· Capable of interpretation of written and electronic materials as well as communicating in written, oral and electronic formats.
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG