How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
The RN, with a focus on patient safety, is required to function within the parameters of the legal scope of practice and in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws; rules and regulations; and policies, procedures and guidelines of the employing health care institution or practice setting. The RN functions under his or her own license and assumes accountability and responsibility for quality of care provided to patients and their families according to the standards of nursing practice.7 The RN demonstrates responsibility for continued competence in nursing practice, and develops insight through reflection, self-analysis, self-care, and lifelong learning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Provide a safe environment for patients, families and co-workers, including handwashing, and adherence to infection control policies.
· Demonstrate professionalism including current AED’s and other competencies, following dress code policies, participation in orientation of new team members.
· Education and or experience: ADN required or currently enrolled in BSN program with graduation within 2 years of assigned position. 6 months nursing experience or completion of residency program.
· Licensure: Current State of Texas License as a Registered Nurse
· Preferred Certifications: Area of specialty within 2 years of employment (Certified Med-Surg, or Orthapedic Nurse).
· Early Acute Stroke recognition and treatment preferred.
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG