· Reliably perform all activities as described in established policies and procedures associated with this position
· Identify and respond to emergent issues as described by policy and procedure.
· All requests for time off will be made no later than 2 weeks prior to the time requested and no earlier than 3 months before the time requested. Exceptions may be made in emergency situations.
· The employee will always be alert to, and notify the appropriate parties concerning any potential safety hazards.
· The employee will constantly strive to make the Hospital Information Systems department the safest working environment possible.
· The employee will deal courteously with all employees with which he/she does business.
· The employee will answer phones promptly and properly, identifying the department and himself or herself.
· Phone mail messages will be returned promptly.
· Assure departmental security remains in effect while on duty. This includes assuring that the main computer room is locked at all times, the general entrance to the department is locked when the department is unattended and all terminals are logged off while the department is unattended.
· Maintains a working knowledge of current trends and developments in the industry as it relates to microcomputer equipment and peripherals. Disseminate relevant information on new microcomputer hardware and software technologies to appropriate personnel.