· Mid level managerial role.
· Manages project and/or program managers and project management administrative employees within the scope of the PMO.
· Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
· Provides guidance to team members within latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect group.
· Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
· Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
· Faces variable situations that require analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and/or constructive thinking and requires research for solutions or new applications within program management.
· Uses innovative and strategic thinking in applying theories, principles, and concepts for all but the most complex issues.
· Exercises judgment on the basis of the financial services industry or experience in project / program management and considers various courses of action.
· Discusses only the complex, unusual situations with CIO.
· Acts as advisor to team members in meeting schedules and/or resolving problems.
· Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities.
· Assist and advise leaders, managers, and teams to the best use of project management disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced, high tech environment.
· Act as a reference point for PMO queries and information and an advocate for best practices in project management
· Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete
· Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects
· Provide assistance to maintain and update the project management framework and disciplines necessary to support a PMO
· Develop positive relationships with managers and staff to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects, and training
· Assist in managing enterprise level resource allocation, including adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges
· Assist with establishing PMO stakeholder management plan and implementation of the communication framework
· Understand the deliverables of internal and external PMO customers and contribute to success through cooperative and collegial processes
· Develop and maintain a basic understanding of customer policies and procedures as relevant to processes.
· Supervises the project and program managers to ensure that all projects within the scope of the PMO are delivered within the defined scope, quality, time and cost requirements.
· Builds and provides direction and day-to-day operations to the PMO. The PMO scope may include technical and/or non-technical programs for a hospital segment or division.
· Defines and develops project / program management best practices, processes, and policy to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and goals.
· Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, building relationships with stakeholders and brokering relationships at all levels.
· Partners with multi-departmental leadership and other stakeholders to locate opportunities and develop and prioritize projects according to relevant measurement criteria.
· Maintains the efficiency of important aspects of the project management process such as planning, scheduling, and budget and risk assessment. Provides executive management with forecasts of available resources and program status.