· Maintain current knowledge of trends and advances in the fields of Nursing, Ancillary Patient Care and Healthcare Informatics.
· Maintain current knowledge of nursing practices, JCAHO standards, management and healthcare issues and trends, and legal issues related to Clinical Information Systems.
· Manages a technical staff of clinical analyst specialists, including creating job descriptions, hiring, training, evaluation and job assignments.
· Provides logistical support of all departmental Clinical Information Systems.
· Assumes primary responsibility in the evaluation, acquisition and implementation of new Clinical Information Systems.
· Coordinates all resources necessary for the periodic upgrades of production Clinical Information Systems.
· Assumes primary responsibility for coordinating the design, maintenance and accuracy of master files, electronic forms, templates, clinical alerts and reminders, problem lists, notes, orders and order set design in all Clinical Information Systems including OpenVista.
· Assures that adequate training resources are available for all Clinical Information Systems and that appropriate training of all hospital and medical staff is completed.
· Assures quality in all software upgrades affecting any Clinical Information System. Assures that responses to all non-routine user requests are performed in a timely manner.
· Answer routine application questions from end users where possible. If the employee is not knowledgeable of the application area in question, direct the end user to a source that can answer their question.
· Maintains proper attendance record including:
· Requests for time off will be made no later than 2 week prior to the time requested and no earlier than 3 months before the time requested. Exceptions may be made in emergency situations.
· The employee's supervisor will be promptly notified for any tardiness or absences at the earliest possible time, but not later than the regularly scheduled start of the work day on which the tardy or absence occurs.
· The employee will record their work time daily through the use of the electronic time clock system, if required by hospital policy.
· Attends all interdepartmental meetings required such as Human Resource inservices, etc.
· Demonstrates regard for safety issues including:
· The employee will be familiar with the hospital-wide safety manual.
· The employee will always be alert to, and notify the appropriate parties concerning any potential safety hazards.
· The employee will constantly strive to make the Hospital Information Systems department the safest working environment possible.
· The employee will deal courteously with all employees with which he/she does business. The employee will answer phones promptly and properly, identifying the department and
himself or herself.
· The employee will refrain from participating in or originating gossip (founded or unfounded) about other employees or patients.
· Phone mail messages will be returned promptly.
· Assure departmental security remains in effect while on duty. This includes assuring that the main computer room is locked at all times, the general entrance to the department is locked when the department is unattended and all terminals are logged off while the department is unattended.
· The employee completes necessary annual requirements such as Annual Education Day, CPR certification, vaccinations, etc.
· Carefully checks for intershift messages (E-Mail, voice mail, notes, etc.) prior to commencing any work for the day.
· Other duties as may be assigned by management.