· Observes operation of and makes adjustments in operating controls of all mechanical systems in accordance with department policy and procedures.
· Performs required inspection of systems, controls, fire alarm systems, and all critical equipment.
- Completes Preventive Maintenance Work Orders
- Ability to learn how to read blueprints
- Ability of making appropriate decisions and exercising independent judgment.
o Makes inspection rounds of facilities and performs required repairs, calibrations and preventive maintenance or reports problems to Facilities Services as necessary.
o Maintains proper level of chemical treatment in heating, cooling, waste disposal systems.
· Responds to patient room or office trouble calls as required.
· Maintains current knowledge of systems used in job
· Provides accurate, timely and complete documentation of work performed.
· Provides a safe environment for patients, guests and staff.
· Attends required departmental and Hospital meetings.
· Responds to trouble calls in a timely manner.
· Maintains an accurate knowledge of building systems, including but not limited to a basic knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, and central utility plant functions.
· Completes Work Request Orders in a timely manner.
· Manages complaints properly.
· Promotes an image of competence, professionalism, and caring for the department within the Hospital and community.
· May be required to work other than scheduled hours.