How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
The surgical technologist serves as an integral part of the team of medical practitioners providing surgical care to patients. Surgical technologists work under the supervision of a circulating RN and/or physician to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Ability to assess, project and plan for procedural needs
· Possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique.
· Combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of safe patient outcomes.
· Completion of an accredited surgical technology program required
· Certification in specialty preferred; certification required within one (1) year of employment
· Experience in women’s services preferred
· BLS required upon hire
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG