How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
The RN, with a focus on patient safety, is required to function within the parameters of the legal scope of practice and in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws; rules and regulations; and policies, procedures and guidelines of the employing health care institution or practice setting. The RN functions under his or her own license and assumes accountability and responsibility for quality of care provided to patients and their families according to the standards of nursing practice.7 The RN demonstrates responsibility for continued competence in nursing practice, and develops insight through reflection, self-analysis, self-care, and lifelong learning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Complete a comprehensive assessment. This includes the initial and ongoing, extensive collection, analysis and interpretation of data.
· Synthesize the data collected during the comprehensive assessment to identify problems, make nursing diagnoses, and to formulate goals, teaching plans and outcomes.
· Implement the plan of care. The RN may begin, deliver, assign or delegate certain interventions within the plan of care for patients within legal, ethical, and regulatory parameters and in consideration of health restoration, disease prevention, wellness, and promotion of healthy lifestyles.
· Evaluate and report patient outcomes and responses to therapeutic interventions in comparison to benchmarks from evidence-based practice and research findings, and plans any follow-up care and referrals to appropriate resources that may be needed.
· Bachelor of Science (BSN) Degree in Nursing required. If nurse does not have a BSN upon hire, the nurse must commit to enter a BSN program within two years of employment and complete the BSN program within five years.
· Current State of Texas License as a Registered Nurse
· Certification in area of specialty (e.g., OB, MNN, C-EFM) preferred
· Current BLS upon hire; NRP required within 6 months of date of employment; ACLS and required within 12 months of date of employment. Current electronic fetal monitoring and S.T.A.B.L.E courses preferred.
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG