How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
The RN, with a focus on patient safety, is required to function within the parameters of the legal scope of practice and in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws; rules and regulations; and policies, procedures and guidelines of the employing health care institution or practice setting. The RN functions under his or her own license and assumes accountability and responsibility for quality of care provided to patients and their families according to the standards of nursing practice.7 The RN demonstrates responsibility for continued competence in nursing practice, and develops insight through reflection, self-analysis, self-care, and lifelong learning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Responsible for managing the daily operations of their assigned areas (e.g., staffing, through-put, patient concerns, staff concerns, room assignments, data collection, process flow, staff utilization, etc.)
· Responsible for the communication, growth and development of their set spans of control.
· Responsible for quality management audits and related analysis of data.
· Responsible for corrective action related to employee performance.
· Responsible for communication and relationship building through shared decision making and stakeholder relationships.
· Knowledge of healthcare environment demonstrated in practice knowledge, outcome measurement and knowledge of quality improvement metrics.
· Bachelor of Science (BSN) Degree in Nursing required. If nurse does not have a BSN upon hire, the nurse must be currently enrolled in BSN program with graduation within 6 months of assigned position. One (1) year of leadership experience is preferred.
· Current State of Texas License as a Registered Nurse.
· CNML or certification in area of specialty (e.g., OB, MNN, C-EFM) preferred
· Current BLS upon hire; ACLS and NRP required within 6 months of date of employment. Current electronic fetal monitoring and S.T.A.B.L.E courses preferred.
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2014 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG