Performs the essential duties and responsibilities and the primary functions of a Registered Nurse in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of assigned patients. Responsible for meeting the established Medical/Surgical and applicable sub-specialty standards of Nursing Practice, for managing supplies and equipment and any assigned personnel. Responsible for promoting team work with physicians and personnel of other departments. Responsible for solving practical problems, dealing with a variety of issues and interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form. Demonstrate clinical knowledge and judgment necessary for patient’s nursing care including preparation & administration of chemotherapy / biotherapy agents, oncology patient education, and symptom management.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties.
· Must pass the NLN Medication Test and IV Test. Must pass the employee drug screen with a negative test result.
· Must maintain Chemotherapy Provider Card status.
· Must maintain Oncology Nurse Certification once acquired (within two years) of employment.
· Minimum of one year experience in Oncology nursing.
· Current State of Texas License as a Registered Nurse.
The pay for this position is:$20.19/hr for Tier Level I 0-6 months RN experience: Must work 1 shift per month; no weekend requirement.
$25.71/hr for Tier Level II 6 months - 2 years RN experience: must work 2 shifts per month; no weekend requirement
$29.01/hr for Tier level III 2-5 years RN experience: must work 3 shifts per month; 1 shift each month must be on weekend or holiday.
$32.01/hr for Tier level IV: 6 years or mor RN experience; must work 4 shifts per month; 2 shifts each month must be on a weekend or holiday.