How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
JOB SUMMARY: This position oversees third party enrollment, financial assistance services, cash receipts and posting as well as customer service. This position oversees eligibility coordinator positions,acts as a liaison with any third party eligibility company, cashier, customer service representative, posting and refund clerks requiring the incumbent to possess diplomacy, customer service, human relations, excellent communication skills, clerical skills, sound judgment and the ability to multi-task. Home visits may also be required to pick up documents to complete an application for assistance. This position works closely with Third party eligibility workers, Case Workers and Social Workers. Monitors progress and maintains performance indicators of employee productivity for those employees under direct supervision. This position oversees incoming correspondence for distribution throughout department, insurance and private payment batch creation and posting. This position also oversees the completion of daily deposit and back up. Assures cash received daily is posted the same day it is received. Monitors and oversees the resolution of credit balance accounts and refund requests. Assists customer account inquiries that have been escalated to a manager telephonically or in person and oversees the general intake and resolution of Customer Service calls into the department as well as provides problem-solving resources.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Improves results by studying, evaluating and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating A/R metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing change.
· Accomplishes objectives by assisting in selection of employees, orienting, training, assigning scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring appraising and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
· Achieves objectives by resolving problems; completes audits; identifying negative trends; identifying system improvements, implementing change.
· Maximizes operational performance by providing resources and technical advice: resolving problems, disseminating information and new techniques.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
· Responsible for timely and accurate response of account inquiries received via telephone, email internet and in-person
· High school diploma or equivalency required.
· Excellent verbal and communication skills.
· Three (3) years experience in customer service in a medical business environment (hospital, insurance company, doctor’s office), medical collections or related field, OR Associate’s degree in Business.
· Must be able to type 35 wpm and navigate a personal computer with the ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2013 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG