How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
Under the supervision of the designated Section Manager/Supervisor, performs clinical laboratory procedures, quality assurance, and instrument calibration and maintenance.
The position reports to the appropriate Section Manager/Supervisor. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II (CLS) also maintains cooperative working relationships with intradepartmental and interdepartmental personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Generalist or cross train in more than one section of the laboratory
· Assist in training of allied health professionals and students
· Assist in maintaining inventory
· Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new procedures and methodologies
· Responsible for a particular area or instrument within the section
· Assist in troubleshooting of instruments
· Assist in revision of procedure manuals
· Complete special projects as requested
· Participate in Laboratory “process improvement activities”
· Must show documentation of successful completion of a Medical Technology / Clinical Laboratory Science training program.
· Promotion by authority of the Department Manager based on performance and not experience.
· Must provide documentation of passing a National Certification exam (American Society Clinical Pathology, National Credentialing Agency, etc.)
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2013 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG