How can we help you? (432) 221-1111
The RT(R), with a focus on patient safety, is required to function within the parameters of the legal scope of practice and in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws; rules and regulations; and policies, procedures and guidelines of the employing health care institution or practice setting. The RT(R) functions under his or her own license and assumes accountability and responsibility for quality of care provided to patients and their families according to the standards of practice. The RT(R) demonstrates responsibility for continued competence in practice, and develops insight through reflection, self-analysis, self-care, and lifelong learning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Practices technology founded upon theoretical knowledge and concepts, uses equipment and accessories consistent with the purposes for which they were designed, and employs procedures and techniques appropriately
· Assesses situations; exercises care, discretion, and judgment; assumes responsibility for professional decisions; and acts in the best interest of the patient.
· Acts as an agent through observation and communication to obtain pertinent information for the physician to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient and recognizes that interpretation and diagnosis are outside the scope of practice for the profession.
· The radiologic technologist uses equipment and accessories, employs techniques and procedures, performs services in accordance with an accepted standard of practice, and demonstrates expertise in minimizing radiation exposure to the patient, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
· ARRT registered or eligible.
· Must have 1 year of experience as a diagnostic technologist.
· Must obtain CV or VI registry within 2-3 years of employment in Interventional Radiology.
· Annual stroke education 2 hours. Initial stroke education 3.5 hours
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Parkway | Midland, TX 79701 | (432) 221-1111
©2013 Midland Memorial Hospital |
Website designed and developed by McMurry/TMG